WHO WE ARE
Dean Builds, Inc. is a commercial and industrial construction company. Our services include Construction Management, General Contracting and Design-Build. We are licensed to work in Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and West Virginia. Dean Builds has established relationships with national businesses such as Rite-Aid, Starbucks, Nestle and Staples. We have also finished projects for local customers such as Liquor Barn, Berea College, Sayre School, University of Kentucky, Gates Automotive group and One Holland.
We are committed to sticking to each work schedule and budget, and emphasize a quality work environment for employees and subcontractors. Job site safety is of utmost importance, and we have a robust safety program that all employees and subcontractors must adhere to. To accomplish this goal, Dean Builds has created a team that strives for excellence, integrity and professionalism. Our goal is absolute customer satisfaction and a finished project that meets or exceeds expectations.
Company HistoryDean Builds was established in 2002 by Dan and Lambsy Graves as W.D. Graves, Inc. David Dean joined by purchasing 50% of the company in June of 2006, and in 2007 the name was changed to Graves and Dean, Inc. David purchased the remaining shares of the company 2009 and became the sole owner of the business, changing the name to Dean Builds.
David Dean, president of Dean Builds is an alumnus of Sayre School and the Construction Management Program at Eastern Kentucky University. David began his career with Gray Construction in 1994 and was named Vice President of the Southeast Region in 2003. In 2006, David left Gray to fulfill his life-long dream of owning his own construction company. In 2013, Governor Steve Beshear appointed David to the four-year term on the Kentucky Board of Housing, Buildings and Construction. David served as 2013 President of AGC of Kentucky, and continues to serve on the board. He was recognized nationally in 2006 for his outstanding leadership in commercial construction by being named “Top 40 Under 40” by Building Design & Construction magazine.
In 2007, David was recognized as “Alumni of the Year” at Eastern Kentucky University. He serves on the Eastern Kentucky University Advisory Board for the Construction Management Program, and the Sayre School Mentoring Program. David’s biggest achievement is his family. He is married to his best friend, Melissa and has two children, Robert and Parker. David is a cancer survivor and is blessed by this life-changing experience.
OUR CORE VALUES
Safety Above All
- Assure our project workers get home safe and healthy to their families
- Exceed the requirements set by our customers and regulatory bodies
- Raise the priority, knowledge, understanding and awareness of safety hazards and proper practices and behaviors such that the prior two objectives are the natural result.
Ethics Beyond Reproach
- Honest straight forward in our dealings with anyone
- Do what is right in each situation- don’t cut corners
- Fair in our dealings with owners and our subcontractor partners
Delivering on Time
- Understanding the mission critical nature of our client’s business and their need to be operational on a specific date
- Employing the best tools available to plan and organize the project resources
- Keen attention to and control of all aspects of critical path items from preconstruction through delivery
Superior Working Experience for our Customers
- Collaborative approach, understanding client wishes and parameters and utilizing the skills and experience of the team to achieve them on time and in budget.
- Anticipating potential problems and bringing creative ideas and solutions to challenging situations
- Clear, frequent and proactive communication so clients are always informed and trust that Dean Builds has their best interests at heart
- Getting it right the first time
- Strong application of pre-install conferences, submittals, mockups, testing of key components
- Exceeding expectations via strong service during and beyond warranty period
Providing a Great Place to Work
- Providing a warm, caring and professional leadership
- Maintaining a strong team with high levels of character and ethics teammates can depend on
- Concern for and flexibility for family, work-life balance and individual differences
- Working hard for, achieving and sharing organizational success
Being an involved and giving member of our industry and our communities
- Serving our community and supporting others